A Michigan woman says she'll sue a zoo for not taking enough steps to protect her after she had a bit of her right, middle finger bit off while trying to pet a lion.
Renae Ferguson was visiting the Sunrise Side Nature Trail and Exotic Park outside of East Tawas this Saturday when she says a worker let herself and daughter Tina Dobson into a lion's cage.
'I put my hand down there to pet it and it ripped my finger,' Ferguson told WNEM.
Dobson said the lion bit off part of her right middle finger when she went to touch it. 'I was in total shock,' she said. 'I really didn't believe that was part of my finger laying on the ground.'
She claims that the owners were more worried about their reputation than her well-being.
'They just told me not to tell. They told me to lie,' she said. Ferguson said she plans take legal action.
Zoo officials said Ferguson snuck into the lion's enclosure despite being told not to and ignoring warning signs.