That drop dead awesome Moscow Mule may make you drop – so say health officials.
It turns out copper and food don’t go together.
New York State health officials have discovered that low pH readings in food mixed with copper can result in food or copper poisoning. And trust us, you don’t want the diarrhea, vomiting, and jaundice. The low pH causes copper to leach into the food and that’s what get’s you sick.
On a good note, copper mugs with an inner lining of nickel, stainless steel or another metal are safe to use. So we can still enjoy this beloved cocktail in one of those.
Source: Fox News