Thieves Are Targeting One Canned Meat In Hawaii-The Aloha state is finding an odd trend across its islands; the rampant theft of Spam.
It turns out the mystery meat is a hot commodity on the black market and Spam is a favorite for drug users to sell to get money. While we joke about the meat on the mainland, the food is a daily staple for Hawaiians.
So, if you want Spam in Hawaii, you have to ask for it. Grocers have now put the stuff uner lock and key.Source: Today
New Service Lets Employees Get Their Money Before Payday
We bet there are a lot of people out there who count the days between their paychecks, and sometimes wish they could get their hands on the money they’ve earned just a few days earlier than their company shells out money. Well, there are a few workers out there who can, thanks to a new service called Instant Financial.
The service, which is mostly targeted to folks who work by the hour, allows employees to get half their pay on any given day. Those eligible get notifications when their shifts end that they can get half their salary if they want, and if they do the money gets transferred instantly into their debit card
But there are a few caveats to the service. Once employees get notification of their available money, they only have an hour from the time they receive the notification to access it. Only half the money is available to help encourage savings, and the time limit for getting the money is there to stop people from taking the money for impulse purchases at any time of the day.
Right now about 50 companies, including McDonald’s, Outback Steakhouse and some retailers, are a part of the service, with about 150,000 employees given the option to access their money in advance of standard weekly, bi-weekly or monthly check, although Instant Financial expects that number to increase to $1-million in the next two years.
Source: USA Today
Today is NATIONAL MOLE DAY – IPOD DAY – NATIONAL BOSTON CREAM PIE DAY – SWALLOWS DEPART FROM SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO DAY – NATIONAL TV TALK SHOW HOST DAY
Majority Of Folks Want More Sweetness In Their Relationship
There’s no doubt that being part of a couple isn’t easy, and according to a new poll it seems one important ingredient is missing in a lot of relationships.
A survey by Groupon finds that 58% of people wish their partner was sweeter to them, and not surprising it’s the women in the relationship who are more likely to be desiring that kindness, 47% more likely than men to be exact.
And when things aren’t perfect with a couple, there’s a good chance they may start getting a little jealous of other couples around them. The poll finds that 20% of people in relationships say they regularly get jealous of other couples who seem to have a perfect relationship, with 65% of couples saying that comparisons with other couples have led to arguments in their relationship.
As for the things couples compete about most, they include:
- Social life (dining out/date nights)
- Vacation destinations
- Sex life/how much sex we’re having
- Property/our home
And while being around more couples may lead to more jealousy, 65% of people say they regularly go on double dates, with the average person going on about 16 a year. Of course not all double dates go well, and the survey uncovered some of the biggest faux pas couples can do on a double date. They include:
- Talking about sex
- Kissing repeatedly
- Criticizing a partner (even jokingly)
- Third-wheeling someone (i.e. making them feel uncomfortable)
Source: New York Post
KFC Is Only Following 11 People On Twitter For A Totally Genius Reason
KFC’s Twitter game is finger lickin’ good.
In a marketing move that Colonel Sanders himself would have been proud of, someone on Twitter noticed the fast-food chain is highly selective about who it follows on the micro-blogging service.
As Twitter user @edgette22 noted on Thursday, KFC only follows 11 people ― the five former members of the Spice Girls, and six men named Herb.
Those 11 people? 5 Spice Girls and 6 guys named Herb.
“11 Herbs & Spices. I need time to process this,” the tweeter wrote.
Indeed, the analysis is correct:
KFC has long marketed its chicken as the product of a secret recipe with “11 herbs and spices.”
It’s unclear how long KFC had to wait until someone spotted the subtle stunt, which appears to have gone down well with other Twitter users.
Halloween Costumes You Can Make With A Sweatshirt
You still have a week, but Halloween is next Tuesday, people. So now is the time to come up with your costume and pull it all together. We’re not fully into last minute territory yet, but we’re close. But you don’t need to panic, there are plenty of lazy girl costumes that you can throw together in just a few minutes and still be comfy - which is key to having a good time. Need some inspiration? Here are some easy Halloween costumes you can make using a sweatshirt.
- Ariana Grande - Channel your inner pop princess with this look inspired by Ariana Grande. All you need is an oversized sweatshirt to wear as a dress with some over-the-knee boots and a super high ponytail.
- An Actual Sick Day - Lazy girls will love this easy, clever “An Actual Sick Day” costume. And all you need is a hoodie, a box of tissues, and a messy bun. You can literally roll out of bed and go.
- Netflix And Chill - This one requires a buddy to dress up with and you’ll each need a sweatshirt. For Netflix, DIY their logo on a red sweatshirt, and for Chill, write that on the other sweatshirt. Wear some fuzzy slippers and your look is complete.
- A Lifeguard - Throw on your old lifeguard sweatshirt or buy one at Walmart, and don’t forget your whistle, sunglasses, and flip flops. Easy, cute, and comfy - the costume trifecta.
- DIY Pikachu - Recreate the most famous Pokémon with a yellow sweatshirt, you’ll just need to add eyes and ears and you’re all set.
- Thing One Or Thing Two - A couple of red sweatshirts and some felt to use for the labels and some glue and you and a friend can DIY your way to Dr. Seuss characters.
Source: Elite Daily