It’s the time of year for pumpkin everything, so why not include the stuff in our exercise routines as well? Put down the hand weights, and pick up the nearest pumpkin (we know you just picked the best one based on all of your pumpkin patch Instagrams). These are the workouts you can do using a pumpkin instead of any other gym props you might not have:
- Pumpkin squat press - Do squats holding a pumpkin at chest-level. You’ll be surprised how much the weight adds up over time.
- Elevated pumpkin pushups - Do pushups with one hand on a pumpkin and the opposite leg elevated.
- Pumpkin bicep curls - Pretty simple. Just roll up those arms with a pumpkin in hand
- Overhead pumpkin tricep extensions - With a pumpkin in your hands, raise your arms behind and over your head.
- Pumpkin Russian twists - Twist your torso from side to side with a big ole pumpkin in hand.
Forget all the gym equipment you don’t have at home. Now you have plenty of pumpkins to choose from instead! Get your daily workout in before those pumpkins go out of season!