Millennials are not fans of cheating on someone. So much so that there’s a new “sub section.”
Micro-cheating is “a series of seemingly small actions that indicate a person is emotionally or physically focused on someone outside their relationship," according to dating expert Melanie Schilling. It’s very close to emotional cheating.
Naturally, there is a list of signs to look for so you’ll know if your partner is micro-cheating.
- They are overly protective of their cell phone.
- You see then smiling and laughing at their phone a lot.
- They talk about someone, like an ex, too much.
- They pull out “you’re imagining things.”
- They get defensive about the topic.