While Monopoly can be an endless game, there are definitely those who love it, and there are probably even more folks who love to cheat while playing. Well, in case you missed it, Monopoly is getting ready to introduce a version of the game just for those cheaters.
Hasbro recently announced that they will launch “Monopoly Cheaters Edition” in the fall, which will actually encourage players to cheat. While the object of the game is still to wind up with the most money at the end, the rules actually encourage folks to attempt to get away with cheating as much as they can.
The major addition to the new game is a deck of 15 cheat cards, and at any point in the game five of those cards will be in he middle of the board for players to try and fulfill. Should a person successfully cheat they get their reward, but should they get caught, the back of the card reveals their punishment, which includes things like going to jail or being handcuffed to the game.
As for those cheat cards, they include things like:
- Stealing money from the bank
- Placing a hotel on one of your pieces of property
- Removing a hotel from someone else's property
- Taking an extra $100 in Monopoly money from the bank when you pass go.
- Moving another player's token instead of your own on your turn
- Giving someone less money than you owe them
- Collecting rent for someone else's property
Oh and one more thing! While it may seem like stealing money from the bank would be hard with a banker to watch over the dough, that’s where this game changes things up. There is no specific banker, and instead each person is in charge of the bank during their turn.