“Zombie Bots” Are Coming For Lonely Singles On Valentine’s Day
A computer virus is set to attack America’s lonely hearts just ahead of Valentine’s Day. According to IBM, an aggressive robot network of six-million “zombie bots” will be let loose this week. IBM’s X-Force, which tracks down cyber threats says 230-million spam messages dressed up as dating ads have been slamming email inboxes with the virus.
During Valentine’s week, X-Force suspects the bots to increase. This attributed to a notorious botnet, Necurs. In a statement, the folks at X-Force say, “Preying on seasonal trends is probably the top characteristic of email spam. Those behind this campaign will likely lure their victims to share revealing photos and extort them, ask for money to come visit, or end up infecting them with malware.”
- How can you avoid getting scammed? Look for bad grammar and spot if an email return address differs from the arrival email address. The New York Post also says to look for too-good-to-be-true come-ons. If an email offers something like “I must say you are very cute and I would like to know you more,” sorry you’re not getting lucky...its just a scam.
Source: NY Post
*LIST* Valentine’s Day Food Freebies And Deals
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and some of your favorite restaurants know nothing says love like food, so they’ve got some special deals to help you celebrate. Here are some of the freebies and discounts you can score on Valentine’s Day.
- Auntie Anne’s - Buy one, get one free heart-shaped pretzels on Valentine’s Day. Make sure you download the app today to get the deal.
- Firehouse Subs - Use this coupon for a free cookie or brownie on Valentine’s Day
- Hooters - Get 10 free boneless wings when you "shred your ex" online or in the restaurant on February 14.
- Qdoba - Buy one entree, get one free when you kiss a loved one (or anything!) at Qdoba on Valentine’s Day. And if you tag your smooch photos with #QDOBAforAKiss, they’ll donate a dollar per photo to No Kid Hungry to help fight childhood hunger.
- Buca Di Beppo - Valentine’s dinner for two: $49.99, and it comes with heart-shaped lasagna! Check here for reservations.
- Macaroni Grill - Their special Valentine’s Day menu for two includes an appetizer, two entrees and a dessert for $45. Details and reservation info here
- TCBY - Everyone loves fro yo and on Valentine’s Day, TCBY has buy one, get one half off.
And nothing goes better with dinner than a movie, so Redbox has a deal for us, too. Text code VALPAK to 727272 for a free game or movie Rental through 2/28.
Source: New York Upstate.com
Dear Dave FB Message
Hey guys, this is Joey...needing a little dating/Valentines Day advice.
So I’ve gone on two dates with a girl that I’ve had a crush on for over a year. We used to work together and ran into each other last week and I got the courage to ask her out. Both dates were great and we plan on going out again this weekend, but not on Valentine’s Day because we both work late.
I was going to send her a dozen roses to her office on Valentine’s Day, but I don’t want to scare her off or come on too strong. My mom suggests no girl would be upset over getting roses on Valentines Day. What do you guys think, should I go for it?