Even if you hate your job, getting fired isn’t exactly a great experience, and it’s even worse if you get canned for something you couldn’t exactly help. While not doing your job right, or constantly being late is a good reason to can someone, once in a while people get the boot for some strange reason, and now those folks are sharing.
A new thread on the anonymous Whisper app has workers sharing the bizarre reasons they got let go from their job, and after hearing them we can only think that they were all better off.
Crazy reasons people got fired include:
- “Today I was fired for refusing to have sex with my boss. I never felt so disrespected in my life.”
- “I was fired for being in a coma ‘because I didn’t call out.’”
- “I got fired for NOT doing cocaine with my boss. I worked at a tattoo shop doing piercings.”
- “I got fired because I started to gain weight and didn’t ‘fit in' anymore…I worked at Dunkin’ Donuts.”
- “When I was in high school I worked at a library. I got fired for yawning too often and it really said that on my pink slip.”
- “I was fired for taking too long to poop…yes those were his words.”
- “I was fired for sexual harassment for asking if a coworker was sunburnt.”
- “I was fired because my manager’s wife needed a job and I was the newest one there so they fired me…she just got fired because she sucked at the job.”
- “I was fired for going to the bathroom too much. It was my first trimester of my pregnancy with morning sickness.”
- “I was fired for being a ‘contagious disease of negativity.”