Hannah's Headline- 8/17/2018


World’s Oldest Cheese Found In Ancient Egyptian Tomb

If you’re looking for the world’s oldest – and deadliest – cheese, you may want to start looking in ancient Egyptian tombs. Archaeologists just found what they think is the world’s oldest cheese inside a 3,200-year-old Egyptian tomb.

The cheese was found alongside the Mayor of ancient Egypt’s capital of Memphis. The tomb had been lost under the desert for quite some time and was only discovered in 2010. Thing is, cheese connoisseurs won’t be doing a taste test anytime soon since the cheese is contaminated with a bacteria called Brucella melitensis (it causes the disease brucellosis, also called Mediterranean fever).

Researchers determined the substance was cheese with tests that concluded it was a dairy product made from cow, sheep or goat milk. “The characteristics of the canvas fabric which indicated it was suitable for containing a solid support the conclusion that the dairy product was a solid cheese,” they write. Cheese does get finer with age, but… you should probably pass on this one.

Source: Daily Mail

Salon Seals Woman’s Eyes Shut Using Super Glue For Lash Extensions

Eyelash extensions are a big trend in the beauty world right now, but not every salon or spa who offers the service knows what they’re doing. A woman learned that the hard way recently when she went to get lash extensions and left with her eyes sealed shut because the salon used super glue to apply them.

According to the owner of Fara Beauty Salon in Thailand, a client came in with her eyes glued shut after her lash extension were put on with super glue. Thankfully, they were able to help her out. A video shared to Facebook shows their technician’s removal process, which is pretty horrible, too. She applies an oil to break down the glue and then picks off each individual lash. So instead of leaving the customer with long, lush eyelashes, she ended up with inflamed eyes and stumpy lashes.

So let’s point out the obvious first - super glue and lash extensions don’t mix. There’s a medical-grade adhesive that should be used on your lashes and they should only be attached to the natural lash, not to the skin, according to Clementina Richardson, celeb lash expert and founder of Envious Lashes.

And even though lash extensions can be pricey, this isn’t the place you want to cheap out, as tempting as it might be. Safety is important - these are your eyes! So let this be a lesson to us all. Do your homework and see a licensed technician at a reputable salon for eyelash extensions because we can’t handle another horror story like this.

Source: Hello Giggles



Want to know more about Hannah? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on Z-100! Read more


Content Goes Here