KFC Will Pay Big If You Name Your Kid After Colonel Sanders
Pregnant? Wanna make $11-grand? KFC is looking pay that to someone who has a baby on September 9th. Of course, there are conditions. For one, the baby must be named Harland. For another, the money is supposed to go into a college fund for the baby.
So why are they doing this? The baby naming promo is in honor of KFC founder Colonel Harland Sanders’ 128th birthday. He was born on September 9th and the company wants to help move the name Harland up on the list of the most popular baby names, while honoring their founder. As for the $11-grand they’ll be donating to new baby Harland, that amount was derived from KFC’s 11 herbs and spices, naturally.
- Willing to take a chance on your newborn’s name? The baby’s first name must be Harland and it must be born on September 9th in the U.S. Beginning that day, parents can submit proof of baby’s birth via birth certificate or other official record and their contact info to www.kfc.com/babyharland. The site will be live for 30 days, “giving parents time to adjust to the newest addition to their family.”
Check out the full list of rules for all the details.
Source: Restaurant Business Online
You Could Get Paid To Eat Avocados
Want to get paid to do something you already do for free? Sure you do and that’s what researchers from some universities across the country are banking on. They’re looking for study participants and will be paying cash money for folks to eat avocados. How’s that for a dream gig?
The study is a group effort between Loma Linda University, Penn State University, Tufts University, and the University of California, Los Angeles and they’re trying to find out how avocado affects belly fat. Their hypothesis is that avos could help people lose stomach fat and promote weight loss - how great would that be?
The colleges are recruiting 1,000 people total, 250 from each school, to participate. Applicants need to be at least 25 and men need to have a waist 40-inches or larger and women, need a waist 35-inches or larger. Some will have to eat an avocado a day for six months, others only two avocados a month for six months, but everyone will get paid $300. Wanna sign up? Check out the fine print here.
Hardee's Just Combined Froot Loops and Mini Doughnuts Into an Epic Breakfast — For $2!
There's a new breakfast of champions in town, and it combines cereal and doughnuts. Hardee's and Carl's Jr. teamed up with Froot Loops to release Froot Loops Mini Donuts, and they're the ultimate mashup of two of your favorite things. The new menu item comes in a five-pack for just $2 and is available nationwide for a limited time beginning on Aug. 29. The soft, moist doughnuts come in yellow, purple, green, blue, and red, and each one tastes like a spoonful of the classic cereal '90s kids grew up eating. Whether you want to start off your day on a sweet note or you need an afternoon treat, these are guaranteed to put a smile on your face. See photos of the Froot Loops Mini Donuts ahead!
Labor Day Food Deals And Freebies
This Monday is the first in September, which means it’s Labor Day and we all get a long weekend! While you’re enjoying your time off, here are some sweet deals on food and drinks to help you celebrate the holiday.
- Baskin-Robbins: Come by for a free sample of their Pumpkin Cheesecake Cappuccino Blast on Sunday, September 2nd from 3pm to 7pm at participating locations.
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse: On Monday, September 3rd, you can celebrate your day off with half-off any style pizza.
- Carrabba’s: It’s All-Day Happy Hour at the Italian Chain from tomorrow (Friday) through Monday, September 3rd.
- Chipotle: Get free delivery on any order of $10 or more for a limited time using the DoorDash app.
- Dairy Queen: Download their new mobile app to get a free small Blizzard Treat, which includes their seasonal Pumpkin Pie
- Firehouse Subs: All weekend long (Saturday, Sept 1st through Monday, Sept 3rd) they’re offering a free medium sub when you buy a medium or large sub, chips, and drink.
- LongHorn Steakhouse: They’re opening the GRILL US Hotline on Labor Day from 10am to 4pm ET, where certified Grill Masters will provide guidance to those grilling at home. Call 1-855-LH-GRILL for help.
- Marie Callender's - Labor Day is a Monday, so it qualifies for Free Pie Monday. Get a free slice of pie when you buy an entree, at participating locations.
- Olive Garden - The Italian chain is offering BOGO entrees, one to eat in and one to take home for later, through September 23rd.
- Sonic - Half off shakes, floats, and ice cream slushes after 8pm through Labor Day.
Nightclub Throws Tea Party Raves For The Elderly
Party-goers from ages 60 to 108 are shaking their hips at The Posh Club in East London. Local legendary alt club promoters Duckie have been throwing the weekly tea party rave for seniors for years… and for just $5 per head.
The parties are the lovechild of Duckie founders (and sibs themselves) Simon Casson and Annie Bowden, who threw a vintage tea party for their elderly mother and friends that took off. Now, the rowdy events see as much as 120 partying pensioners leaving their canes and crutches by the side of the dance floor. “We’re probably the only club event in the world where someone was rushed to a hospital because they’d forgotten to take their drugs,” jokes producer Dickie Eaton.
Eaton explains that he would love to see The Posh Club happening in more cities since it’s been such a hit. One partygoer, Father Niall Weir, says he’s all for it. “One of the biggest challenges we face is the isolation of older people,” he offers. “It gives its guests everything that is needed for human contentment: connection, laughter, and physical activity.”
Source: Vice UK