Mookie Betts Game 1 Steal Means FREE TACOS
The weather may have dipped into the 40’s last night in Game 1 of the World Series—but that didn’t stop Mookie Betts of the Red Sox from making a run for the border.
Which is exactly what he did when he stole a base just moments into the game—after a leadoff single.
And that means free Tacos for everyone.
Because for the 11th straight year Taco Bell is running a promotion that gives America free tacos if a member of either team playing in the World Series steals a base during any of the seven games.
And you can thank Betts for wasting no time in serving up the free fiesta.
Yeah, even you should, Yankee fans.
Of course, you cannot redeem said free Doritos Locos Taco until Thursday, November 1st between 2-6pm.
Maybe this shouldn’t be touted so much as a steal—a much as a giant “catch.”
Sorry, You Aren’t A Mega-Millionaire…But Someone IS
The numbers are out for last night’s record Mega Millions drawing. The numbers are 28-70-5-62-65 with the Megaball of 5. And with the jackpot at an estimated one-point-six-billion-dollars, there are at least a few happy people today – as there were eight tickets sold across California that had five of the six numbers to win a still undetermined amount of prize money. How much remains unclear.
But there’s one VERY happy person, at least. According to the South Carolina Education Lottery, there was ONE ticket sold in South Carolina – that matched all six numbers. The estimated cash payout? $904-million. After the Feds and the state get their cut, you’d have lost about 45% – leaving you with just $500-million.
- Find a per state breakdown of what you’d have cleared if you’d have won the big prize HERE.
- ONE MORE THING! What does that kind of money buy you? Here’s a sample: Still, there’s a pretty impressive list of things that money would have gotten you.
- 86 Bugatti Divos (at $5.8-million each)
- 454 bottles of Macallan Valerio Adami Whiskey at ($1.1-million each…and even though there were only 12 ever made)
- 2,500 tickets for all your friends to travel into space ($200,000 a pop)
- 7 tons of gold bars (price could fluctuate on this one)
- 6,666 nights in Mahattan’s Mark Hotel penthouse (running $75,000 a night)
- Buy Necker Island from Richard Branson, and then have money for 7 more (he’s asking $60-million).
- 22 Airbus H160 Helicopters ($22-million each)
- 282,485 shares of Amazon (though it’s a tad volatile right now at $1,770 a share)
- 83,333,333 cronuts – those half donut/half croissant sensations go for $6 each.
Source: ABC News
Has Being Broke Ever Stopped You From Asking Someone Out?
According to a new study performed by GiftCards.com, dating is making us go broke. In a poll of over 1,000 people, it was revealed that single people are spending an average of $146 per month on dating—that’s nearly $1,750 a year! Admittedly, people in a relationship only spend slightly less at $139 a month and married people get off cheapest of all (if you can call $130 a month cheap).
- Dating is expensive but does it hold you back from asking someone you really like out?
- What’s the least amount of money you’ve gone out on a date with?
- What’s the most money you’ve gone on a date with?
Where To Find Freebies And Deals On Food For Halloween
Halloween isn’t until next week, but there are some food deals, discounts, and freebies happening right now that you should treat yourself to. There are no tricks, but you may need a costume or a coupon code to score the savings. Here’s a list:
- Applebee’s - They’re serving up spooky Zombie Rum cocktails for just one dollar all month long. These boozy treats are made with rum, pineapple juice, passion fruit, cherry, and lime and they’re garnished with a gummy brain.
- Baskin-Robbins - As part of their “Celebrate 31” promo, you can get a regular or kid-sized scoop on Halloween for only $1.50.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp - Come in with the family on Halloween and kids eat for free with the purchase of an adult meal. Several other restaurants are also offering this deal, including Carrrows Restaurant, Chicken Salad Chick, and Joe’s Crab Shack.
- Chili’s - ‘Tis the season for pumpkin everything and Chilis has “The Great Pumpkin Margarita” to prove it. This $5 cocktail is made with Lunazul Blanco Tequila, pumpkin spice syrup, Triple Sec, and Captain Morgan rum.
- Chipotle - The Boorito deal is back for anyone who comes in dressed up on Halloween. Wear a costume, get a bowl, burrito, salad, or tacos for just $4 after 3 p.m. at participating stores, or get the same offer with the Chipotle app or online (for both pickup and delivery) if you use the code BOORITO.
- Krispy Kreme - Anyone who comes in dressed in a costume gets a free doughnut on October 31st.
- The Cheesecake Factory - Order from them using DoorDash delivery from Monday, October 29th through Halloween and get a free slice of either the Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake or Hershey’s Chocolate Bar Cheesecake. You’ll need to order $30 worth of food and use the code TREATORTREAT at checkout.
Have You Ever Accidentally Eaten One of Those Silica Gel Packs That Are In Your Snack?
Silica gel packets are desiccants—a fancy way of saying that they absorb moisture, says Roger Clemens, a pharmacology and pharmaceutical sciences professor at the USC School of Pharmacy, International Center for Regulatory Science. You'll often see these packets in snack food packages, dietary supplement bottles, and medication packets, says Clemens. Don't worry: silica gel is not toxic, according to the National Capital Poison Center (NCPC). Phew. Basically, that scary label is slapped onto silica gel packets because it's considered a choking hazard for small children, says the NCPC.
- What’s something you’ve accidentally eaten that isn’t food?
Would You Buy A Haunted House? Plenty Of Americans Say Yes
While some folks love to go to haunted houses for Halloween, others don’t have to go far because they actually live in one. And while you may be asking yourself what type of person would want to live in a haunted home, it turns out a few spooks doesn’t turn off all homebuyers.
According to a poll by Realtor.com, when confronted with the possibility of buying a haunted home, buyers tend to fall into three categories:
- 18% of people wouldn’t be affected by a haunted home when making a decision to purchase a place, while that number goes up to almost 25% for those 35 to 54.
- Then there are the people who would be willing to buy a haunted house if they get something in return, with 15% willing to buy it if the price was cheaper, while 9% would buy it if it had a larger kitchen or was in a better neighborhood.
- But for some haunted is something they just can’t deal with, with 49% of buyers saying there’s absolutely nothing that would convince them to buy a haunted home, with 61% of buyers over 55 falling into this category.
And while you may think haunted houses aren’t all that common, it turns out quite a lot of people believe they’ve lived in one. In fact, 40% of people say they believe they've lived in a haunted, or possibly haunted home, while 44% say they either suspected or knew it was haunted before they moved in. As for how they knew it was haunted, 55% say they heard strange noises, while 45% felt odd feelings in certain rooms, and 34% reported erratic behavior in their pets.
- So, should sellers actually inform buyers that a house may be haunted? Well, 34% of people would, while 27% would but only if asked, and 22% would say nothing at all.
Source: Business Journal
If Your Dog Gets Another Dog Pregnant Should You Have To Pay The Vet Bills?
A Quebec man whose frisky husky impregnated a neighbor’s chow chow has been ordered to pay about $800 in vet fees and court costs. According to a judgment last month, the Shawinigan-area husky broke into a fenced yard that was home to the chow chow, Bella, last spring. Quebec court Judge Alain Trudel wrote that, "thanks to the husky's handiwork, Bella found herself with an unexpected pregnancy." The dog underwent surgery to terminate the pregnancy. Bella's owner, claiming the husky's owner neglected to control his animal, sought compensation for veterinary fees and a damaged screen door. The owner of the husky did not appear in court to give his version of events, and the judge found in favor of Bella's owner, awarding her $711.50 plus interest and another $101 in court costs.
- Do you agree or disagree with this court ruling?
- Has your dog ever impregnated another dog and that dog’s owner was pissed?