I'm obsessed with this podcast lately! You might know these guys from the Netflix documentary "Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things," and you should know they also do a super insightful podcast!
Here's one of my latest favorites!
In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua & Ryan discuss ownership of things versus access to things with Ryan Delk from Omni, and they answer the following questions:
- Is ownership simply a matter of satisfying one’s ego?
- Is it always better to rent something instead of buying it?
- Should I invest in things I use frequently instead of minimizing everything?
- How do I determine what I must own compared to what I can have access to?
- How do I enjoy the benefits of streaming services without the stress of the expense and the constant notifications?
- Where do I draw the line between ownership and access regarding items that adapt and evolve as I use them, such as musical instruments?
- Why does our culture place such an emphasis on ownership?