Today is is Kid Inventors Day, Ben Franklin Day, Today is Hot-Buttered Rum Day
Airbnb Will Pay You To Spend The Summer In Italy
If you’ve always dreamed of spending the summer in Italy, this could be your shot. Airbnb is sponsoring an Italian Sabbatical program that will send four lucky winners to the village of Grottole in southern Italy for three months this summer. During the all expenses paid getaway, winners will explore the area, which includes 10th-century castles, olive groves, and caves where locals make their own wine.
Each lucky participant will spend time volunteering with Wonder Grottole, a nonprofit working to revitalize Grottole’s historic center. They’ll also take Italian language lessons, learn how to run the local vegetable garden and then later use those ingredients to create authentic Italian meals. They’ll also co-host stays at Airbnb venues and Wonder Grottole’s Community Center and will stay in a rural home in the village’s center.
Airbnb will cover winners’ travel expenses to and from Italy and provide up to 900 euros a month for additional expenses. The company hopes the program will help restore Grottole’s historic center and bring visitors to its hundreds of empty homes. Sound like a fun way to spend a few months this summer? You can apply now through February 17th and find out more details on the Italian Sabbatical website.
Source: Travel and Leisure
Study: Stay-At-Home Moms Should Earn Over $160K
People say it’s hard to put a dollar amount on the hard work a stay-at-home parent does, but a new study figured out how to do just that. Researchers with Salary.com picked out “a handful of jobs that reflect a day in the life of a mom” and added it all up using the site’s stay-at-home-parent Salary Wizard tool. Their results show a stay-at-home mom or dad should be making $162,581 for their efforts.
Some of the “hybrid roles” the site uses in their findings include bookkeeper, tailor, public school teacher, dietitian, coach, and logistics analyst. They’ve been calculating the “salary” for years now and it’s been steadily rising, up from $143,102 in 2016 and $157,705 in 2017, all based on 96 exhausting hours of work a week.
Salary.com explains they did the research “to honor all the moms out there who work their hardest day-in and day-out,” and add, “We would like to recognize both professional and stay-at-home moms on their unwavering dedication to their families and other responsibilities.”
It’s National Pizza Week! Here Are The Cheap Deals
The weather outside may be frightful, but it’s National Pizza Week, so that should cheer you up. From now until Saturday, January 19th, pizza places across the country are celebrating with deals and discounts on everyone’s favorite comfort food. Here’s where you can save on pizzas for National Pizza Week.
- Domino's - The national chain has several deals going on: The Mix & Match lets you match any two items for $5.99 each and a deal on large three-topping pies and medium three-topping handmade pan pizzas for $7.99 when you pick up in store.
- Hungry Howie’s - Known for their flavored crust, this chain is selling medium pizzas for only $1 when you buy a large one-topping pie online.
- Papa Gino’s - Fans of this New England pizza chain can get two or more large traditional pizzas with up to five toppings for $10.99 each with this coupon.
- Papa John's - Get two medium, one-topping pies for just $6 each.
- Pizza Hut - They’re running a $5 “lineup” special to honor football season and National Pizza Week. Medium one-topping pizzas, Bone-out Wings, Cinnabon Mini Rolls and more are only $5 each when you try two or more.