NATIONAL AWKWARD MOMENTS DAY – NATIONAL SUPREME SACRIFICE DAY – NATIONAL SLOPPY JOE DAY – NATIONAL LACY OATMEAL COOKIE DAY – NATIONAL BIODIESEL DAY
You Can Actually Be Allergic To Your S.O.
People commonly have allergies to things like cats and peanuts, but it turns out we can actually be allergic to a significant other. Luckily, it’s not very common, but it can happen. So if you’re getting all itchy and your eyes are watering when you get close to your partner, they could be giving you an allergic reaction. But you don’t have to end the relationship and there’s usually something you can do to help.
Being allergic to your partner sounds weird, but it could be anything from their cologne to their detergent that causes a reaction. Getting educated is the first step because knowing how the reaction can develop and what to do will help. Allergist and immunologist Dr. Purvi Parikh says if you notice you’re having an allergic reaction, but you’re not sure what’s causing it, this is what you need to know.
- It’s usually something your partner is using- If you notice a reaction after spending time with your partner, it could be something they’re using, like fragrance, their pet, or foods that touch them and touch you. So if you know you have an allergy, look for something that your S.O. could be using or doing that could spread that to you.
- But in really rare cases, it could be your actual partner- Well, one particular part anyway … Dr. Parikh says there have been very rare cases of semen allergies. So if you think you’re having an allergic reaction to that, get help from a medical professional because that’s not a chance you want to take.
- It can cause mild to severe reactions- Depending on the allergy and how strong the exposure is, reactions can include itchy, watery eyes, stuffy nose, runny nose, breathing problems like a cough, wheeze, asthma symptoms and/or itchy rashes, like hives or eczema.
- If you have a food allergy, make sure you and your partner are extra careful- Unless you have a food allergy, you may not understand how serious it can be, so if you have one, help your partner grasp the gravity of the situation.
- You can take steps to deal with the issue- If you do figure out you’re having an allergic reaction to your partner, you may be able to find a way around it. If it’s their cologne, have them skip the spritz before a date, if it’s their pet, keeping the dog off the couch and out of the bed may help, and an air purifier could, too.
Woman gives birth to six babies. In nine minutes.
Well, if you're gonna have a lot of babies, might as well have them all at one -- and fast.
According to the Houston Chronicle,Thelma Chiaka gave birth to one set of twin girls and two sets of twin boys last Friday morning at the Woman's Hospital of Texas. That's impressive enough, but then consider that the babies were born between 4:50 and 4:59 a.m.
Six babies, in nine minutes -- an average 90 seconds per birth.
The newborns weigh from 1 pound, 12 ounces to 2 pounds, 14 ounces each and are said to be stable, but they'll be kept in the hospital's neonatal ICU until they're a bit bigger. No word on whether the births were natural or via C-section.
Chiaka's already beaten the odds: the Woman's Hospital of Texas says the odds of having sextuplets are one in 4.7 billion.