Most people, especially parents, have a hard time figuring out teens these days, but a new poll reveals what they’re into, and it’s probably not all that surprising.
According to a new Piper Sandler survey, conducted from August 19thto September 22nd:
- Snapchat is still teens’ favorite social media site, although TiTok is now at two followed by Instagram.
- Teens report spending 12 hours per week on social media.
- Teens spend 34% of their daily video time on Netflix, with YouTube coming in second.
- Chick-fil-A is the favorite fast food chain amongst teens for a sixth straight year, with 21% saying it’s their fave.
- As for the remainder of the Top Five, it includes:
- Starbucks (10%)
- Chipotle (9%)
- Dunkin’ (4%)
- McDonald’s (4%)
- For teens who consume plant-based foods, Impossible Foods is their top brand (18%)
- Lays chips is the preferred snack brand amongst teens.
- And when it comes to phones, 86% of teens currently have an iPhone.
- What’s more, 89% expect that their next phone will be an iPhone.
- Those numbers are an all-time high for the survey.
The survey also looked at what teens care about these days.
- The number one concern among teens is racial equality, with the environment coming in second.
- 48% of teens think the economy is getting worse, up from 32% last fall.