Having a lot to do can lead you to believe that you have to do all of it at once. Multitasking probably sounds like the best course of action when you’re swamped. But it can actually make you less productive. Here’s why you should stop multitasking:
- You’ll be working with your brain’s natural process – Seriously! It’s not natural to multitask.
- You’ll be more productive – We accomplish 50% less when we try to multitask.
- You’ll procrastinate less – Give everything your full attention instead of partial attention.
- You’ll meet your deadlines easier – You’ll get individual tasks done faster!
- You’ll be more mindful – Being able to focus on one thing at a time will help you feel more present.
- You’ll feel less stressed – Mindfulness is super helpful in feeling less stressed.
- You’ll enjoy life more – When you start to ACTUALLY cross things off your to do list, you’ll be able to enjoy things more.
- You can take it one step at a time – Don’t bite off more than you can chew!
Leave multitasking in the past and give your tasks the full attention they deserve!