When you’re behind the wheel of a car, the only thing you should be paying attention to is the road. Sadly, all too often people are doing anything but. Lots of us have become experts at multitasking behind the wheel, and while changing the radio station and talking on the phone (hands free, of course) isn’t all that bad, there are some people who take such multitasking to the extreme.
A new thread on the anonymous Whisper app has folks confessing to the most outrageous things they’ve ever witnessed someone do behind the wheel, and it will make you wonder how there aren’t even more accidents on the road.
Outrageous things seen behind the wheel include:
- “I once saw someone driving and breastfeeding at the same time.”
- “This chick was doing her makeup and looking in the mirror with one hand and texting with the other. She was also speeding at 50 in a 15 max parking lot. A+ multitasking though, she didn’t crash.”
- “I literally saw someone poop out their car window on the freeway. It’s a memory I wish I could erase from my mind.”
- “On the motorway I saw just feet on the wheel! The guy had his chair fully reclined back, closed eyes and was steering with his bare feet. I was horrified.”
- “I saw my mom pull a reverse on the highway after she missed her exit. I unfortunately was tailgating behind her in horror.”
- “I saw a lady clipping her toenails going down the turnpike. Talk about gross and dangerous.”
- “Last week I saw a cop driving with Netflix on the computer next to him. How the hell is that safe?”
- “The craziest thing I saw driving my road trip: Woman driving with a burger in one hand, drink in the other, cellphone held up on her shoulder. To this day I have no idea what she was using to steer the car.”
- “I witnessed an older woman on the freeway eating food with chopsticks and driving with knees. I got three lanes away from her.”
- “I saw an old man driving in nothing but a diaper.”
- “I just saw a lady braiding her weave…on the freeway. Yes she was driving.”