While some people love the idea of a surprise party or getaway, there are plenty of others who are not down with surprises and whether or not you’re a fan may say a lot about you.
A new survey set out to uncover the personality differences of those who do and don’t like surprises.
- Those who do like surprises are more likely to:
- Be extroverted
- Identify as adventurous and spontaneous
- Be surprised with a vacation this summer
- Enjoy dancing
- Watch horror movies
- On the flipside, those who don’t enjoy surprises are more likely to
- Be introverted
- Identify as sarcastic and anxious
- Enjoy an afternoon by themselves as a treat this summer
- Attend social events with five or fewer attendees
- Read a book in the shade
- When it comes to surprises 52% of people say a small gesture is the best kind of surprise they could experience.
- 59% say some of their best summer memories are made up of small surprising moments.
- The best summer surprises include:
- A vacation (50%)
- A trip to the beach (41%)
- Having a quiet afternoon by myself (40%)
- A sweet treat in the afternoon (34%)