While a bride and groom certainly want their wedding day to be memorable, there are many weddings that prove memorable for all th wrong reasons.
A recent Reddit thread asked folks to share details on the worst weddings they’ve ever attended and a lot of people where happy to share the horrors they’ve experienced.
Worst wedding experiences include:
- "I was at a wedding in which someone's sanitary pad fell off in the middle of the dance floor, and someone else just kicked it to the side...where it sat all night."
- "My cousin had a breakdancer at their wedding. He was pretty good, until he split his pants during his act, revealing to everyone thathe was going commando. But he gave zero fucks and just kept going."
- "I attended my significant other's coworker's wedding, where the bride was 18 and the groom — her math teacher — was 29. We had McDonald's for dinner, because that's where they had gone on their first date, of course."
- "The bride and groom were signing the marriage license and realized the bride didn't know how to spell the groom's last name."
- At my uncle's fifth or sixth wedding, he expected cash gifts only, and instead of enjoying his reception, he gathered all the envelopes and sat at a table with a notebook and calculator, counting all the money he got."
- "I attended a wedding where the bride and her mom got into a fistfight in the church parking lot. The priest tried to break them up, and the mom punched him!"
- "The couple didn't have waitstaff at their wedding, so they made their bridesmaids bus the tables."
- "Instead of throwing rice, confetti, or even sprinkles, the bride and groom had their friends save all their empty Juul pods and throw those at them."
- "I went to a wedding where the bride showed up almost two hours late...in her yoga outfit. The groom shut it down when she refused to change her clothes, and he decided to leave her."