Someone’s always going to have “wisdom” to share about your dating life – whether you want it or not. But the thing about advice? While it can be good, it’s too often outdated or just plain no good. You don’t have to listen to everything everyone tells you about your dating life. Here are some of the main rules that are seriously outdated:
- The three-date rule – You don’t have to wait for three dates in to make a move on someone you’re interested in.
- Going out on a “real” date – Netflix and chilling can totally be considered a date these days. You don’t always have to go to restaurant or out to a movie.
- Saying no to last minute dates – If you get a last minute date offer, take it if you want! There’s no reason to turn down someone who’s just trying to juggle their schedule.
- Allowing the other person to pay – It’s not always clear who should pay on the first date, so it’s always good to offer at least your portion.
- Not kissing on the first date – Sometimes kissing is a great way to figure out if you have chemistry with someone. Kiss away!
Our parents and even grandparents have some wacky ideas about how things should go in the dating world. But the reality is, things are different now. There are tons of outdated rules that simply no longer apply to our lives. Kiss on the first date. Netflix and chill every once in a while. And for the love of all that is good, feel free to ghost someone who’s being disrespectful to you.