NATIONAL DRINK BEER DAY – NATIONAL GOOD NEIGHBOR DAY – NATIONAL BRAVE DAY – NATIONAL NORTH CAROLINA DAY – NATIONAL STRAWBERRY CREAM PIE DAY – NATIONAL GAY MEN’S HIV/AIDS AWARENESS DAY
World’s Most Expensive Shoes Go On Sale In Dubai
Some people love shoes and spend a fortune on their footwear, but there’s a pair of heels on sale now that are thought to be the most expensive in the world, with a price tag of a cool $17-million. The “Passion Diamond” shoes are made from gold patent leather, silk, and are embellished with 236 diamonds, along with a round 15-carat flawless D-diamond center piece at the tip of each shoe.
UAE-based designer Jada Dubai created the amazing one-of-a-kind shoes, which will be viewed by only 50 VIP clients at a hotel in Dubai - the Burj Al Arab, which happens to be the world’s only seven-star hotel. Who knew there were that many diamonds in hotel ratings? The impressive heels took nine months to create and there’s a prototype for the select group to get a closer look at, but the buyer will get a bespoke pair made to fit her perfectly.
You can catch a look at the stilettos on the designer’s Instagram page, where a video of the glittering heels has been shared. Maria Majari, co-founder of Jada Dubai, which designed the shoes, says, “We wanted to create a truly unique piece.” Yep, mission accomplished.
Source: Daily Mail
Saturday is National Coffee Day! This Is Where You Can Get A Free Cup
There are all kinds of food holidays we don’t really care about, but this is one that’s actually close to our hearts: this Saturday (September 29th) is National Coffee Day. And to celebrate the big day, many cafés and coffee shops are offering up discounts and free cups of Joe. These are some of the best deals.
- Barnes & Noble Cafés - Come in for your free cup of tall, freshly-brewed hot or iced coffee.
- Birch Coffee - This coffee chain is doing a pay what you please promo for their drip coffee.
- Bulletproof: In New York City, they’ll be serving cups of complimentary coffee at the intersection of Warren and Greenwich in Tribeca. And at their Los Angeles, Seattle, and Santa Monica locations, customers can get $1 coffee all day long.
- Caribou Coffee: Get a free coffee of the day when you buy any food item.
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: Buy a food or bakery item at a participating location, get a free 16-ounce hot or iced brewed coffee
- Cumberland Farms: Swing in for a free hot or iced coffee in any size.
- Dunkin' Donuts - Buy any size hot coffee and get one free on National Coffee Day.
- Krispy Kreme - They’re giving away a free coffee, any size, on Saturday and Krispy Kreme Rewards members will also get a FREE doughnut to go with their coffee. Sweet!
- Sprinkles: Stop by the cupcake shop to get a free High Brew Coffee with the purchase of a cupcake.
(Check out the entire list of National Coffee Day freebies, discounts and deals here.)
Woman allegedly kept mother's dead body for months so she could "see the stages of death"
A woman in North Carolina took a page out of Norman Bates' playbook when she allegedly concealed her mother's dead body for months in their home so she could "see the stages of death."
The case began when Donna Sue Hudgins, 69, went to a funeral home to make arrangements for her mother, 93-year-old Nellie Mae Hudgins, Enfield Police Chief Tyree Davis said in a statement Tuesday.
Donna Sue Hudgins claimed that her mother died "that morning but that she did not know where EMS had taken the body," police said.
When funeral home employees weren't able to find the 93-year-old's body either, they became concerned and called the Enfield Police Department, police said.
Authorities went to Nellie Mae Hudgins' home in Enfield and spoke with Donna Sue Hudgins, who lived there as well, police said.
Once officers went inside, they "discovered a badly decomposed body," police said.
Investigators determined that the 93-year-old's body "was in the home for several months before the daughter notified family members of their mother's passing."
Detectives interviewed Donna Sue Hudgins and "learned that she did not report the death because she was curious and wanted to see the stages of death," according to the police statement.
Nellie Mae Hudgins died about two to three months before the day of the offense, listed as Sept. 7, police said.
She died from natural causes and no foul play was suspected, police said.
An obituary published in the Rocky Mount Telegram states that Nellie Mae Hudgins' funeral was held Sept. 11.
Donna Sue Hudgins was charged on Monday with felony concealment of death, police said. She is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 7, police said.
Couples Costumes You’ll See Everywhere This Halloween
Halloween is still a month away, but now’s the time to nail down your costume idea so you have plenty of time to make it happen. And if you’re going out with your S.O., dressing as a couple gives you so many options. Need some inspiration? These are some the most popular couples costumes for Halloween 2018.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle - This is sure to be one of the most popular couples costumes this year and while it may be hard to recreate their wedding day attire, the royal newlyweds’ engagement outfits are easier to duplicate.
- Mr. and Mrs. Incredible - Fans waited 14 years for “Incredibles 2” and you can bet lots of them will be pulling on their red supersuits and black boots for Halloween this year.
- The Stark Family from “Game of Thrones” - This family tree includes some great characters to choose from, but you can’t go wrong with Arya Stark and Jon Snow.
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z - Who run the world? You and your guy dressed as Bey and Jay.
- Peter and Lara Jean from “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” - This Netflix hit is sure to inspire some couples to go as the lead teens.
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin - Pack on the PDA if you dress up as this it-couple and don’t forget your hoop earrings and leather jacket, for her and sneakers and a baseball cap for him.
- Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip of “The Crown” - Fans of the Netflix series about the British monarchy dress up as the couple that inspired it all. The Queen will need a ball gown, of course, and Prince Philip should wear formalwear to match, bonus if you get some stuffed corgis to go with it.
- Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson - You had to know these two were going to be on the list. And the look for these lovebirds is easy to pull off - just an oversized hoodie with over-the-knee boots and a high pony for her and a bright graphic tee, sneakers, and a hat for her funny guy fiance.
Grandma Unearths Huge Diamond In Park
When people visit the Crater of Diamonds Park in Murfreesboro, Arkansas, most of them come with an objective in mind: to dig up one of the diamonds hiding under the park’s soil. If they find one at the onetime site of a volcanic crater, it’s theirs to keep.
And when one lucky lady from Colorado went to the park earlier this month, she made the biggest discovery ever found on park grounds. The 71-year-old grandmother, who prefers to remain anonymous, found a 2.63-carat ice white diamond. And she did it in about 10 minutes. After quickly scraping dirt away, she spotted the big gem - it’s about the size of a pinto bean - and then realized it wasn’t glass, it was a real diamond.
Since the park opened in 1972, around 33,000 diamonds have been found by visitors, but this was the most impressive rock so far.
Source: Mental Floss