NATIONAL EDUCATION AND SHARING DAY – NATIONAL TAX DAY – NATIONAL TAKE A WILD GUESS DAY – NATIONAL TITANIC REMEMBRANCE DAY – NATIONAL RUBBER ERASER DAY – NATIONAL GLAZED SPIRAL HAM DAY
Tax Day Deals & Freebies To Make Today A Little More Pleasant
It’s April 15th, otherwise known as Tax Day! So after you wait in line to mail your return to the IRS, treat yourself to some stress relief with one of these discounts or freebies from some of your favorite restaurants.
Tax Day Freebies:
- Bananas Smoothies & Frozen Yogurt- Get a free small frozen yogurt today.
- California Tortilla- Free chips and queso with any purchase when you say “1040.”
- Great American Cookies- Stop by today for one free Original Chocolate Chip cookie
- Hardee’s- They’re giving away free sausage biscuits this morning from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m., but you have to say “Made from scratch.”
- Kona Ice- It’s Tax Day for us, but for Kona Ice it’s National “Chill Out Day” and they’re giving away free cups of tropical cup of shaved ice.
- Office Depot/OfficeMax- They’ll shred up to five pounds of documents for free through April 27th withthis coupon.
- Planet Fitness- Now through April 20th, members and non-members can relax in available HydroMassage chairs with thiscoupon.
Tax Day Deals:
- Applebee’s- The drink of the month for April is theStrawberry Dollarita, which comes with a Twizzlers straw and only costs a buck.
- Bite SquadandWaitr- The online and mobile food delivery services are giving us “no delivery fees” when we spend $20 or more today on their apps and use promo code TAXDAY19.
- Boston Market- They’ve got a $10.40 Tax Day meal that includes a half chicken meal with two sides, cornbread and a drink.
- Bruegger’s Bagels- New and existing members of theBruegger’s Inner Circlecan score 13 bagels and two tubs of cream cheese for $10.40.
- Dunkin- DD Perks loyalty members get a medium hot or iced coffee for just $1 today.
- Firehouse Subs- Get a free medium sub when you buy a medium or large sub, chips and a drink today through Wednesday with thiscoupon.
- Pizza Hut- Pick up a large two-topping pizza for $5.99 with online carryout orders.
- Tijuana Flats- Come by for $5 Tax Day burritos.
- White Castle- Save 15% off your in-Castle order with thiscoupon.
(There are TONS of deals out happening today, check out the full listhere.)
Taking A Break Helps Your Memory- Practice makes perfect, but when it comes to learning a new skill, taking a break is important too.
New research from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) show that taking a short rest may help solidify the memories of newly acquired skills. Researchers reached the conclusion while examining test subjects who performed a simple typing exercise.
They found that the brain waves of the test subjects changed more during the rest periods than when they were actually typing.The findings can be used in many ways, but a major use will be in rehabilitating stroke patients.
They’ll next text the role of early resting periods in learning and memory in general.
Someone’s Leaving Mashed Potatoes Around A Missisippi Neighborhood -This spud’s for you!
Someone has been leaving mashed potatoes around a Mississippi neighborhood and locals are baffled. Plates of mashed potatoes have been found on porches, mailboxes and even on top of cars in the Belhaven area of Jackson.
One resident said the neighborhood is known to do quirky things, but this by far is the weirdest. Another said some people are concerned the potatoes may be poisoned to kill animals. But, neighbors said the police aren't involved yet because the prank appears to be harmless for now.
No one has eaten the spuds yet and no one has reported the incidents to the cops.
Source:Fox 8 Cleveland
Would You Want To Hire or Want to Be a Professional “Food Taster”?
If you love eating and drinking for free and are looking to make some pocket change, there’s a job in China with your name on it. A new type of online service allows people to hire others to eat or drink their favorite treats, either to cure their boredom or satisfy their craving without the calories that usually come with it. Chinese media recently reported on an increasingly popular service on online commercial platform Taobao that’s as mind-boggling as it is intriguing. People can now go online and hire others to consume certain foods and drinks, and ask them to provide video evidence of them eating or drinking the said treats. Fees usually range between 2 yuan ($0.30) and 9 yuan ($1.35) plus the cost of the food that the client wants consumed. So why would anyone pay a total stranger to indulge in a treat rather then consume it themselves? Well, apparently, the online service is so cheap that some people simply do it out of boredom, while others get satisfaction from watching others enjoy their favorite treats.
- How much would you want to get paid to taste food for someone?
Arby's Selling Trips to Hawaii for $6
Fast food chain Arby's is promoting its new sandwich by selling 24-hour trips to Hawaii for only $6.
The restaurant chain said the $6 Hawaiian Getaway promotion will choose 10 people who will be offered the brief vacations for only $6.
The trip will include a first-class flight to Honolulu, a tasting of all three new King's Hawaiian sandwiches, and a first-class flight home.
The entire trip is advertised as lasting for 24 hours, with only about 6 hours spent on the island.
The tickets go on sale at noon Friday and the promotion ends April 15. Only 10 purchasers were be chosen for the trip, Arby's said.
"No volcanoes. No pineapple farms. Just you, sweet buns, tender meats, and a Hawaiian paradise to eat them in," the eatery's website states.